In simple words, nothing of high quality comes free, it is especially true when it comes to web hosting. However free web hosting options are not a total loss, but it only fits the needs of a newbie or anyone who just started an online business. There are majorly two types of web hosting companies:
- Paid Web Hosting
- Free Web Hosting
Benefits of Free Web Hosting
- In free web hosting (on Free Web Hosting Sites), the user has permission to upload his or her website content on a server free of cost.
- Free web hosting is beneficial for people who are new to the world wide web.
- Good site building tools are available on free web hosting sites to turn ordinary website into extra-ordinary.
Disadvantages of Free Web Hosting Sites
- No Customer Support at all
- No Server uptime
- Ads and banners will be running on your website without your permission.
- The income earned through your website such as through advertisements will go to the hosting company instead of to you.
- Some free web hosting sites force you to start your domain name of your website with the webhosting company name. For example: yourdomain.companydomain.com. Whereas in paid web hosting you get a unique domain and can order the web space according to your website requirements whereas in free hosting the web space is limited i.e. you can upload limited amount of data online.
Benefits of Paid Web Hosting
- Best for professionals
- 24/7 Customer Support – Technical or any other type
- Upload unlimited content such as text, audio, video etc..
- 99.9% Uptime i.e. Server (or your website ) will never go down
- The income generated through paid web hosting is 100% yours. You can run anything to generate income.
- Hundreds of site building tools with 1 click installation
- Hundreds of marketing credits are given FREE when you go for Paid web hosting
Disadvantages of Paid Web Hosting
- Little Costly i.e. approximately 4 Dollars a month.